All pupils at Caterham School whose parents reside overseas are required to have a guardian over the age of 25 years, who is resident in the UK and within 2 hours travelling distance from the school either by car or by public transport.
This is to ensure that:
- There is a contact in the UK to whom the school may refer in the event of an emergency.
- The pupils have a UK location where they can stay if they are not returning home during holiday periods or the Fixed Weekends when they have to leave the school premises.
- There is an address where the pupil can stay for medical or disciplinary reasons in the event that they are unable to remain on the school premises.
Guardians are welcome to attend school events, parents evenings, concerts and matches.
Some families appoint a relative or close friend as a guardian but guardians can be arranged through professional agencies. Caterham School belongs to the Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students (AEGIS). We strongly recommend that parents only use an AEGIS accredited guardian organisation.
Contact details are as follows:
66 Humphreys Close
Telephone: +44 (0)1453 755 160
The AEGIS web site has a list of Guardianship Agencies who offer their services.
The following organisations are the members of AEGIS who have been appointed by parents with pupils at Caterham School:
- Bright World Guardianships Ltd www.brightworld.co.uk
- Gabbitas Educational Consultants www.gabbitas.co.uk
- Guardians International www.guardiansinternational.com
- Quest Guardians Ltd www.questguardians.co.uk
- S-KD Educational Consultants www.skd.co.uk
- Study Links International www.studylinks.co.uk
- Sutherland Education www.sutherland-education.com
- White House Guardianships www.whg.eu.com