Caterham School Sports Centre offers a wide range of facilities, including Swimming Pool, Fitness Suite, Sports Hall, All-Weather Pitch and the multi-use Stephen Smith Room.
In addition to providing first class facilities for pupils, the Sports Centre is also open for membership for the school community. Members may use the centre during mornings, evening and weekends during term time.
changes from 31 august
We are delighted to announce that from Tuesday 31 August the booking system for the gym and pool will no longer be in operation, and you will be free to use the centre as you wish during our opening hours which can be found in the ‘downloads’ section of this page.
We will continue to monitor usage to make sure it doesn’t get too busy, and there are a few things we will ask of you to ensure we are keeping everyone safe.
- Please keep a distance between you and other users who are not in your household wherever possible
- Please remember to put your weights away after use, and as always please wipe down the equipment that you have used.
- Hand sanitiser will remain available at our entrance and exit points and at the entrance to the fitness suite. Please continue to support us in maintaining a safe environment for all by cleaning your hands on entry and before use of fitness equipment.
- Changing rooms will be open for use. We will no longer require members to arrive ready for your activity however you may wish to do so to reduce use of the changing rooms.
- We will welcome back our guest swimmers so please feel free bring a friend along if you wish. We do however request contactless card payment only.
- Face-coverings will still be required in all communal areas in line with school protocol.
We wish to keep the Sports Centre and our community as safe as possible, so please do not visit if you suspect you may have any symptoms of COVID-19.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the team at [email protected]
FACILITIEs & membership
Membership – Sports Centre membership is restricted to the school community. Contact details are at the bottom of the page. If you are a new members, please ensure you consult a member of the team before completing a membership payment.
All Weather Pitch –Available to book all year round, our All Weather synthetic pitch can be booked for 5/6/7 a side football, hockey, lacrosse, and many more team sports for matches or training. We also offer block bookings if you’re looking to secure a weekly slot!
Swimming Pool – our heated pool is 25 metres by 13 metres and is ideal for everyone, whether you are a serious swimmer, someone who wants to get fit, or simply to enjoy a leisurely dip.
Fitness Suite – our fully air-conditioned Fitness Suite boasts an impressive combination of cardiovascular and resistance equipment which is modern, user friendly, safe and designed to ensure that fitness is first and foremost, fun and relaxing. You’ll be in the company of like-minded people all aiming to enjoy themselves and tone up in a relaxed atmosphere. A carefully structured, naturally paced conditioning programme can be tailor-made to suit you, with regular updates and all the encouragement and expert advice to get you into shape. Fitness Suite users must complete an induction course before working out on their own. This involves detailed instruction in the safe use of all machines and facilities. Please Note: In the interests of safety, no persons under 16 years of age are permitted to use the Fitness Suite.
Sports Hall -our multipurpose Sports Hall has first class facilities for Badminton, Basketball, 5-a-side Football, Futsal, Indoor Hockey and Netball.
Stephen Smith Room – our multi-use, fully air-conditioned function room is an open plan room with a servery and covered external balcony commanding an impressive panoramic view of the school and grounds. It can accommodate a wide range of activities such as children’s parties, aerobics & martial arts classes and corporate meetings.
Fitness Classes – Pilates is open to both members and non members for an additional cost. Classes are Monday and Thursday evenings from 18:15-19:15.
For further details on membership please email [email protected]
For all lettings enquiries please call 01883 335078 or email [email protected]