Independent Research Project – Presentation Evening
We are delighted to welcome a panel of three external judges for what is always a highlight of our academic year – the final of the Independent Research Project (IRP).
Six Upper Sixth Formers have been short-listed from fifty entries; these finalists will each give a brief presentation followed by short questions and answers.
The following topics/questions have been selected:
The difference between Chinese and English ethics
- Global sustainability: Can we avert tragedy?
- How has the Synthetic Dye Industry been significant in the shaping of the Medical Industry?
- Why are transition metal complex ions colourful?
- How far was Thomas Jefferson’s America influenced by the Roman Republic?
- Nationalisation – Cause or symptom of a disrupted world order?
The winner will receive the Young Prize, worth £300 towards the cost of university books and resources, and the runners-up will also receive prizes.
Drinks and light refreshments will be available in the Concourse from 6.30pm and the evening should close at around 9.30pm.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to this event, which is always one of the highlights of the academic year.
Please contact [email protected] giving an indication of numbers of places required, if you would like to attend.Back to all Events