Giving from the USA
Caterham School is registered with the British Schools and Universities Foundation, a US-based education foundation with 501(c)(3) tax exempt status. This means Old Caterhamians and friends of Caterham School living in the United States are able to benefit from the same tax deductions on their charitable gifts as they would if they gave to a United States based school or charity.
To make a gift by cheque:
- Download and complete a BSUF Donor Transmittal Form
- Make your cheque out to the ‘British Schools and Universities Foundation’. Postmark on or before December 31st to qualify for current-year tax deduction.
- Send the Donor Transmittal form and your cheque to the address specified on the form. The British Schools and Universities Foundation will provide you with a receipt which you can use for your tax return.
To make a gift by credit card:
- You can donate by credit card online at the BSUF giving page at Network for Good. You can set a one-time or recurring donation. Network for Good will deduct 3% from your donation for processing, or you can opt to cover this in your donation.
- Your receipt for tax purposes will come from Network for Good.
For further information about giving from the USA, including making gifts by bequest or wire transfer and corporate gift matching click here.