Creative Writing – Competition Open!
Following the huge success last year of the arts and humanities magazine, Cat Among the Pigeons, we are delighted to announce a school-wide competition for creative writing. Using one of these pieces of GCSE artwork as their inspiration, pupils can submit any form of creative writing: sultry sonnets, brooding ballads, terrifying tales, dreamy diaries, lugubrious letters or whatever they feel inspired to write!
The winning piece will be awarded a prize in assembly and be promoted as the competition’s winner in the next edition of Cat Among the Pigeons; all other pieces submitted will also be considered for publication. For further details of how to get involved, please see below and best of luck!
Creative writing competition for the arts and humanity magazine Cat Among The Pigeons
- Open to all year groups
- You must use one of the artworks above as your inspiration
- Winners will have their piece published in the magazine
- Final deadline 25 February (first Monday back after half term)
- Word limit of maximum 1000 words
- All written submissions to be emailed to Lottie McDonald: firstname.lastname@example.org