Our ethos is to encourage and facilitate pupils in their pursuit of musical achievement and excellence.
We offer a broad spectrum of co-curricular activities and an enriching and stimulating range of performance opportunities which include termly concerts, informal lunchtime concerts, piano recitals, a school musical, workshops and many more. We have regular workshops and tours overseas. We also perform regularly both locally and regionally at a range of exciting performance venues. The Music Department supports charities and local organisations and supports other schools by offering performance opportunities and shared experiences.
To contact the music department directly, please email [email protected] or phone 01883 335039
We are proud of a music department where anything is possible and where students are able to express themselves in a positive and enriching way.
- We offer a great variety of opportunities for musicians, of any standard
- We embrace all styles of music
- We ensure that music-making extends well beyond graded exams
- We provide ‘out of school’ opportunities for our musicians
- We allow pupils to benefit from the latest technologies